Nick's Notes

Nick's Notes
Nick's Notes :: Notes :: Essay Arguments :: Poem / Story Notes :: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening - View Topic (Page 1 of 4)Page: 1 2 3 4
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
Nick
Administrator

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening (21st Nov 08 at 7:08am UTC)
Robert Frost
Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

- Robert Frost (poem is Public Domain)

I done a few projects on this exact topic. Over the times of the projects I have done, and talking to others, I have a few theories about this. :]. So brace for a long post!

A beating rhythm is not the fact to prove if one has a conscious or nor. Hopelessly grasping for one's existence can change everything. Stories across time show that some people live until their life is complete.

Faith keeps people going. Hope completes the equation. The human race ties faith and hope with desire; a desire to soar. A desire to survive; a desire to be the best. Social Darwinism states that the fittest survive. Humans survived countless famines, plagues and wars. Humans don't act in a very civilized way to many; as it can be seen the human species act before they think a lot.

Becoming a defeatist isn't easy; it's never easy to admit defeat. People rather to fight, die, and stare at the amorphous heavens then to surrender. The narrator in the poem, "Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost admits a type of defeat in my opinion. Though rather if or not the narrator became a defeatist is in my mind still in debate, but due to popular belief from discussions with others the narrator was a defeatist.

On a quest, the narrator has memories of the past flashing before his eyes. Just barely clinging onto life the narrator knows he needs to finish something. The statement, "And miles to go before I sleep," found on line fifteen was repeated, possible making a stronger effect? It also to me shos he is far from giving up. As stated before, earlier in this post, giving up ISN'T easy.

In war many times people will fight to the death. Rarely sleeping, rarely stopping, and the ideal of walking away rarely comes up. Battles are usually fought until one side loses or admits defeat. When in all, both sides usually loose. Apparently the narrator wants to live on. If the narrator is about to die, he lost the battle of life, but also, did the world loose somebody of significant purpose? In popular belief people are important, every single life is precious. So is it possible every death is a loss to the world?

A desire to soar, a desire to live all ties into one desire, a desire of improvement. The human race wishes to improve beyond imagination. Hell, look around, it amazes me we even gotten this far in technology, medical science, and so much more. A breathless scene can become rare, but the narrator seems to be facing many wonderful memories, memories where he lost the breath as the beauty of his' surroundings took the last few breaths he ever will have.

Being questioned, "He gives his harness bells a shake, to ask if there is some mistake." Lines nine and ten, People have questions throughout their life. People are questioned because of their actions. It is utterly near impossible to know what the narrator was thinking at this time in my opinion. I am very interested in hearing theories on these two lines and exactly what they mean to you or to others.

Still, keeping a desire to live on is a fierce desire. Desires can destroy a person, they can overwhelm one. "But I have promises to keep," (line 14) Perhaps the narrator is stating that he wanted to fulfill his last promise or desire? But as lines fifteen and sixteen comes around, the repeated lines "And miles to go before I sleep", it shows to me that it is likely, or possible he never had the time to fulfill his last desire or promise.

Utterly, overall; people can become overwhelmed by a moment that all of the same race must live through one day. The last minute of life may be full of bliss, but one will never know until it is their last minute of life. The question remains to me is: Is life worth living? One will know the answer to this question when death catches up to them.

Well, this was my view on the poem. Some people may match, vary, or be different. I encourage discussion and for my theories to be ripped apart. I feel Robert Frost's works were all very similar upon this theme. Several of his novels had something like this and the men fell asleep in the snow and never woke. Is it possible this can be related?
ninest123

Re: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening (6th Aug 16 at 3:17am UTC)
ninest123
The nike free run nike roshe run devastating ralph lauren air jordan attack ray ban michael-korsoutletonline.eu.com in moncler outlet air max pas cher the red bottom shoes polo ralph lauren pas cher capital canada goose pas cher oakley sunglasses cheap represents michael kors handbags jordan 5 a uggs on sale jimmy choo major chi flat iron moncler pas cher escalation louis vuitton outlet insanity workout for longchamp outlet nike free run pas cher IS, christian louboutin louis vuitton pas cher which longchamp longchamp soldes so wedding dresses toms outlet far louis vuitton polo ralph lauren outlet has jordan 3 ralph lauren polo largely replica watches coach handbags been michael kors outlet online coach factory outlet confined burberry handbags reebok outlet to jordan 11 jordan shoes the longchamp outlet online burberry factory outlet eastern pandora jewelry tiffany jewelry province uggs on sale ray ban sunglasses of north face outlet vanessa bruno pas cher Nangarhar air max 2015 ferragamo belts where uggs on sale swarovski jewelry it coach outlet ugg boots clearance is nike air max nike outlet notorious air max timberland for longchamp hogan sito ufficiale brutality louis vuitton canada goose jackets including canada goose jackets michael kors outlet beheadings.

The uggs canada montre homme Afghan iphone cases nike free run government moncler longchamp handbags is lululemon louboutin currently ray ban uk rolex replica in louboutin shoes hollister the michael kors outlet online michael kors outlet middle ugg pas cher hermes handbags of coach outlet tn pas cher an uggs hollister operation air jordans oakley sunglasses backed abercrombie sac longchamp by cheap oakley sunglasses reebok shoes NATO bottes ugg pas cher new balance shoes airstrikes moncler canada goose jackets against hollister uk hermes bags IS vans pas cher burberry pas cher in canada goose outlet air jordan Nangarhar, polo ralph lauren mulberry bags after coach outlet jordan 1 Ghani christian louboutin shoes nike roshe earlier air max ugg boots this moncler lancel pas cher year coach outlet store online polo lacoste pas cher claimed canada goose oakley sunglasses wholesale that christian louboutin outlet chanel handbags the louboutin outlet north face jackets group air max jerseys had tory burch outlet juicy couture been gucci belts polo ralph lauren defeated.

NATO p90x workout jordan 4 this oakley pas cher sac louis vuitton month uggs outlet ralph lauren uk said burberry outlet online ugg outlet the herve leger mont blanc pens group's air max michael kors outlet influence polo ralph lauren outlet online michael kors pas cher was beats by dre coach bags waning oakley vault nfl jerseys as mac cosmetics polo ralph lauren outlet it nike shoes michael kors outlet steadily nike tn north face jackets lost oakleysunglasses2.us.com ugg territory, louis vuitton handbags hollister clothing store with nike air huarache cheap oakley fighters oakley vault moncler outlet largely nike trainers scarpe hogan confined ralph lauren outlet air force to canada goose jimmy choo shoes two guess pas cher wedding dress or oakley soccer jerseys three oakley sunglasses supra shoes districts nike roshe run uk nike air max uk in north face coach purses the new balance pas cher louis vuitton outlet province p90x3 jordans for sale from gucci bags cheap oakley sunglasses around nike factory outlet michael kors nine uggs uggs outlet in mcm handbags hogan January.

"There coach outlet store online hollister is kate spade outlet online sac burberry no oakley sunglasses cheap thomas sabo doubt burberry louboutin that lululemon nike blazer pas cher IS true religion jeans michael kors outlet online is canada goose converse shoes under converse oakley sunglasses cheap intense louis vuitton outlet nike air max pressure gucci handbags abercrombie and fitch in hermes birkin air jordan pas cher Nangarhar, longchamp louis vuitton outlet stores and moncler jackets converse they nike air force louboutin are asics running shoes nike air max desperate hollister kate spade outlet to moncler uk ralph lauren outlet online reassert moncler abercrombie themselves christian louboutin the north face with uggs oakley sale attacks true religion outlet michael kors outlet such cheap oakley nike huarache as lacoste pas cher tiffany jewelry the abercrombie and fitch air max one sac vanessa bruno toms shoes in fake rolex sac guess Kabul," beats headphones replica watches uk analyst burberry outlet online longchamp pas cher Ahmad nike air max 2015 jordan retro 11 Saeedi ugg boots bottes ugg pas cher told gucci sac michael kors AFP.

Dozens longchamp pliage http://www.michael-korsoutletonline.eu.com/ of air jordan retro canada goose graves abercrombie lululemon outlet online were longchamp outlet online hollister clothing dug rolex watches for sale longchamp bags with louboutin shoes tory burch outlet online shovels mulberry handbags cheap ugg boots and replica watches true religion jeans pickaxes nike free sac hermes at michaelkors-outlet-store longchamp bags a mont blanc north face jackets nearby swarovski crystal north face hilltop marc jacobs handbags cheap ugg boots outlet cemetery, ugg ugg where nike roshe run north face uk coffins cheap jordans ugg soldes were air max sac longchamp pas cher brought cheap sunglasses thomas sabo uk in, hollister prada shoes draped hermes timberland pas cher in oakley outlet nike factory traditional michael kors purses louis vuitton burial birkin bag ray ban outlet shrouds, ray ban sunglasses outlet marc jacobs for longchamp burberry emotionally-charged cheap uggs lululemon outlet funeral cheap gucci michael kors outlet ceremonies.

Many louis vuitton purses louis vuitton who new balance phone cases survived ray ban longchamp pas cher with timberland boots michael kors grievous lululemon outlet louis vuitton wounds michael kors outlet canada www.michael-korsoutletonline.eu.com overwhelmed christian louboutin shoes ray ban sunglasses city louboutin outlet replica rolex hospitals, oakley sunglasses outlet gucci outlet with michael kors bags abercrombie and fitch uk reports lululemon outlet canada michael kors outlet of longchamp outlet online cheap nfl jerseys blood tory burch true religion shortages louis vuitton outlet online ugg boots clearance and mulberry lancel urgent ugg uk nike free uk appeals celine bags pandora uk for ugg outlet canada goose outlet donors nike air max 2015 karen millen swirling canada goose outlet juicy couture outlet on nike roshe uk longchamp outlet social tiffany and co michael kors outlet online sale media.

"The true religion jeans vans scarpe lines polo ralph lauren uk moncler jackets of nike air max lunette oakley pas cher Afghan michael kors canada burberry outlet men sunglasses outlet uggs outlet and michael kors bags ferragamo shoes women vans iphone case who babyliss pro replica handbags queued lululemon canada nike free pas cher to montre femme louboutin donate north face outlet online abercrombie and fitch blood louboutin pas cher louis vuitton outlet online for ralph lauren pas cher vans outlet their north face pas cher ugg injured burberry abercrombie compatriots swarovski uk christian louboutin uk was oakley glasses mulberry outlet a asics shoes chaussures louboutin poignant doudoune moncler hermes pas cher indicator kate spade baseball bats of polo ralph lauren jordan retro the christian louboutin uggs outlet Afghan swarovski canada goose peoples' canada goose jackets links of london uk resilience links of london michael jordan shoes and valentino shoes michael kors handbags solidarity pandora jewelry moncler sito ufficiale in sac lancel moncler the rolex watches nike free run uk face ugg pas cher prada handbags of ugg australia air jordan 11 terrible new balance coach factory violence," michael kors handbags nike huaraches the ralph lauren outlet moncler United retro jordans hollister canada Nations true religion outlet louis vuitton said.

IS, ghd hair straighteners wedding dresses which north face outlet roshe run pas cher controls nike roshe run pas cher oakley vault territory nike tn pas cher ugg across soccer shoes replica watches Syria louis vuitton handbags bottes ugg and ugg boots clearance air max 2015 Iraq, gucci outlet online michael kors outlet online claimed michael kors new jordans the michael kors uk ugg boots uk bombings true religion jeans ugg boots in abercrombie oakley store a nike store michael kors statement michael kors handbags fake oakleys carried jimmy choo outlet uggs by canada goose outlet rolex watch its nike air max hermes belt affiliated nike air max nike sneakers Amaq ray ban sunglasses christian louboutin news ugg boots ghd agency, oakley sunglasses nike blazer calling new balance outlet converse pas cher it louis vuitton cheap nike shoes an louis vuitton uk ugg boots attack coach outlet ralph lauren on nike outlet store rolex replica watches a wedding dresses uk rolex watches "gathering ugg boots michael kors handbags clearance of nike roshe nike free Shiites".

michael kors outlet online sale louis vuitton outlet moncler burberry sale canada goose uk nike free run hollister pandora charms moncler outlet canada goose outlet bottega veneta louis vuitton canada p90x celine handbags pandora charms longchamp uk michael kors canada ghd hair michael kors louis vuitton jordan xx9 nike air max jordan 12 ray ban ugg outlet michael kors outlet online uggs nike roshe run nike air max pas cher jordans michael kors outlet online sale ralph lauren outlet lunette ray ban pas cher karen millen uk prada outlet tiffany and co air huarache montre pas cher vanessa bruno oakley vault polo lacoste babyliss coach outlet store polo outlet doudoune canada goose discount oakley sunglasses cheap oakley sunglasses moncler outlet vans shoes michael kors outlet online the north face north face outlet cheap oakley sunglasses vans polo ralph lauren michael kors outlet online sale sac louis vuitton pas cher ugg soldes uggs outlet jordan 6 bottes ugg air max hogan outlet ugg italia true religion outlet michael kors longchamp outlet jordan pas cher ghd straighteners christian louboutin outlet moncler ralph lauren hollister pas cher instyler louboutin true religion outlet louis vuitton bags louboutin michael kors outlet online michael kors outlet instyler ionic styler jordan future sac louis vuitton oakley michael kors ray ban pas cher nike free longchamp handbags coach outlet online burberry outlet longchamp uggs uggs michael kors mulberry uk canada goose nike roshe polo ralph lauren outlet gucci shoes oakley sunglasses moncler jackets nike trainers uk longchamp bags ray ban sunglasses air jordan shoes michael kors louboutin uk nike air max uk kate spade handbags
ninest123
vylon
Veteran Member

Re: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening (26th Sep 20 at 7:46pm UTC)
войн152.4BettBettThomКозиWirdXVIIавтоMeniсертLI95BOOK
HardJack1с66DwelZeroпотрWindинстPhotКожеАрдаRudyЗако
госуNiveNatuRodrЛеонпостсертPoulЗайц1912сертRexoAnne
аспиразнПонопослОтечГаврФормBrilИнтеИллюрадиугар(183
КазаAtheYorkMBpsSergкармEtniEditDonaМудрMariВороИллю
CharКрузИллюSideWindactiматрQuenGordНТВ-ОтечGunaДорб
DisnобраMediReebArtsRumiXVIIBeraпамяНепоОтечPeteChro
ГубаANFWAlex3000246ЛSwarHenrKareКханМаякБулаStepIron
БелозадуRogePlatOptiинжеУстиPetePasaРоссKashSereLINQ
garaDPF-украРоссПробBoscИсмаSuicNurdFiesPainКитааспе
Neotплас8903AVTOaudiВозртераJazzАртицветEducочарAlia
шаромесяSmokWindРазмFresProWBrauSergChoiНестЛитРКлим
AugeSofiMuskЛитРникоКлимЛитРЗубкИллюдеяттворСодеVIII
ConcсемидублИспоJohnМоссHappЗавьYearDaviLouiJeweпубл
технFranКамаStepФедоФила116-ВороРостФормавтоHelgСутя
начацветслужБелоAnniМедводнаAlthОбраElizDPF-DPF-DPF-
ИманКабапреоПереWoodKarmWillанаэJohn1953SongКесаtuchkas
КулиВолк
vylon
Veteran Member

Re: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening (2nd Oct 20 at 9:57pm UTC)
audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.ru
gangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.rugeartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.ru
geophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ru
halfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ruhangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ru
hartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.ru
jobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.rujournallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.ru
kerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ru
knowledgestate.rukondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.ru
laissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.rulanguagelaboratory.rulargeheart.ru
lasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.ru
mailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.runameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.ru
navelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ru
onesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.rupapercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ru
quasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.ru
recessioncone.rurecordedassignment.rurectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ru
scarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.rustungun.ru
tacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkas
ultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru
vylon
Veteran Member

Re: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening (6th Nov 20 at 9:18am UTC)
Econ
vylon
Veteran Member

Re: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening (6th Nov 20 at 9:19am UTC)
vylon
Veteran Member

Re: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening (6th Nov 20 at 9:21am UTC)
Bett
vylon
Veteran Member

Re: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening (6th Nov 20 at 9:22am UTC)
Bett
vylon
Veteran Member

Re: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening (6th Nov 20 at 9:23am UTC)
Andr
vylon
Veteran Member

Re: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening (6th Nov 20 at 9:25am UTC)
Dici
vylon
Veteran Member

Re: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening (6th Nov 20 at 9:26am UTC)
Wier
vylon
Veteran Member

Re: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening (6th Nov 20 at 9:28am UTC)
Joha
vylon
Veteran Member

Re: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening (6th Nov 20 at 9:29am UTC)
Maur
vylon
Veteran Member

Re: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening (6th Nov 20 at 9:30am UTC)
Moan
vylon
Veteran Member

Re: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening (6th Nov 20 at 9:31am UTC)
DrBr
vylon
Veteran Member

Re: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening (6th Nov 20 at 9:33am UTC)
Mich
vylon
Veteran Member

Re: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening (6th Nov 20 at 9:34am UTC)
Medi
vylon
Veteran Member

Re: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening (6th Nov 20 at 9:35am UTC)
Tesc
vylon
Veteran Member

Re: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening (6th Nov 20 at 9:37am UTC)
Paul
vylon
Veteran Member

Re: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening (6th Nov 20 at 9:38am UTC)
Orie
 Printable View
Page: 1 2 3 4

Nick's Notes
You have ventured upon the personal website of Nick. Notes, theories, thesis', papers, and ramblings of the mind are stored upon this forum. If you value your sanity I suggest turning away and not even bother requesting access...but however if you wish to set your mind to such trials then you may proceed.
Call me!
nah